Our popular beginner tuition days are an ideal introduction to fly fishing and take place at three of the four venues managed by Fishery Management (UK) Ltd. All are hosted by in house instructors to ensure that participants are taught by anglers and guides who have years of experience on all our waters and beyond.
We offer two options for the beginner tuition days across the following sites:-
Draycote Water, Warwickshire.
Eyebrook Reservoir, Leicestershire
Option 1. Bank Fishing Day. Beginner day which includes fly fishing from the bank during the afternoon.
Option 2. Boat Fishing Day. Beginner day which incorporates instruction on safe boat handling & fishing from a boat.
Option 1. Bank Beginners Course: The ideal introduction into Stillwater fly fishing. The day aims to ensure that you will overcome most of the fundamental obstacles facing the novice angler. By the end of the day you should feel confident & competent enough to venture out on your own. The schedule is flexible but during the day we will cover the following topics:
- General approach to fishing reservoirs & smaller stillwaters.
- An introduction to our quarry, entomology & its links to fly choice.
- Tackle choice
- Assembly of rod, reel and line
- Fly casting
- Leader material and knots
- Afternoon fishing session under guidance aiming to hook, play & successfully land your first trout
- Cost £75.00 Book online now
Available Dates: Beginners Course Dates For 2022
|Sunday 13th March
|Sunday 27th March||Eyebrook||Andy Miller||FULL|
|Sunday 3rd April||Eyebrook||Andy Miller||FULL|
|Sunday 10th April||Draycote||Tom Bird||FULL|
|Sunday 17th April||Draycote||Andy Miller||FULL|
|Saturday 23rd April||Draycote||Tom Bird||FULL|
|Sunday 24th April||Eyebrook||Andy Miller||FULL|
|Sunday 1st May||Eyebrook||Andy Miller||4 Places|
|Saturday 14th May||Eyebrook||Andy Miller||FULL|
|Sunday 22nd May||Draycote||Tom Bird||FULL|
|Saturday 28th May||Draycote||Tom Bird||FULL|
|Sunday 5th June||Eyebrook||Andy Miller||FULL|
|Sunday 12th June||Draycote||Tom Bird||FULL|
|Saturday 18th June||Eyebrook||Andy Miller||5 Places|
|Saturday 3rd September||Draycote||Tom Bird||5 Places|
|Sunday 11th September||Eyebrook||Andy Miller||6 Places|
|Sunday 17th September||Draycote||Tom Bird||6 Places|
|Saturday 24th September||Eyebrook||Andy Miller||6 Places|
|Saturday 8th October||Draycote||Tom Bird||6 Places|
|Sunday 16th October||Eyebrook||Andy Miller||6 Places|
|Sunday 23rd October||Draycote||Tom Bird||6 Places|
Option 2. Boat Fishing Beginners Course. The ideal introduction for either complete newcomers or improvers who have yet to venture out in a boat. We aim to ensure that by the end of the day you will be confident enough to safely go afloat and fish with confidence. During the day we will cover the following topics:
- General approach to fishing reservoirs & smaller Stillwaters.
- An introduction to our quarry, entomology & its links to fly choice
- Assembly of rod, reel and line
- Casting, with some specifics to safe casting practice whilst in a boat
- Tackle choice and selection for boat fishing
- Starting & safe running of petrol outboards
- Boat handling
- Safe anchoring & usage of a drogue
- Fishing session under guidance from a drifting and anchored boat whilst aiming to hook, play & successfully land your first trout
During to the Corona Virus pandemic we are unable to host these boat tuition days, due to the number of people in the boat. So we offered the days as 1:1 courses and they become very popular, due to the flexibility of the session. So the boat beginner course is now a 5 hour 1:1 or 1:2 and can be arrange 7 days a week dependant on the instructors availability.
You can purchase a voucher by following the link below and then they can be booked by calling Tom Bird on 01788 812018 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost £99.00 Book a voucher to be redeemed online now
Any queries contact Guiding & Tuition Manager Tom Bird on 01788 812018 or email email@example.com
Pike Tuition Days
Fishery Management UK (Ltd) is excited to offer ‘Pike Tuition Days’ these dates held at our popular Eyebrook venue. Are aimed at the experienced trout angler who is looking to try their hand at landing a toothier predator.
Saturday 12th March – FULL
Sunday 26th June – 1 Place
Saturday 22nd October – 2 Places
The popularity of Pike fly fishing in the UK is growing and Eyebrook is one of the best places to learn the art of tempting these prehistoric fish on the fly. With the lake’s natural population of coarse fish in abundance and the trout for the Pike to fed on they thrive in this aquatically rich lake. This is evident with the lake record currently being, a magnificent 39lb hen fish.
The layout for the day will follow a similar format to the ‘beginners boat tuition day’ and will be the same great value price of £99. With the day being ran by Eyebrook’s resident Pike guide Andy Miller and Guiding & Tuition Manager Tom Bird
The day will start with some classroom work where the tuition team will talk the participant through: –
- The quarry looking at their life cycle and feeding habits
- The tackle- Why we use the rod, reels, lines; The leader set up including tying up traces to use, the kit used in a boat once a pike has been landed, then the flies looking at different patterns and when we would use them.
- The safe handling of pike- including netting, unhooking, weighting and reviving the fish.
- After this we will look at the casting technique needed to cast such a big fly.
- Break for lunch.
- Then out on the boats, where we will show the hotspots, how to position the boat, retrieve and hopefully playing and landing our fish PIKE ON THE FLY.
During the day all participants will be using the latest in Pike Fly Fishing equipment from VISION, RIO & SAGE.
To book a space on the day please click here.